[Simh] PDP7/DECsys bug

Daniel Baum daniel at type34.info
Mon Jun 4 01:59:06 EDT 2007

> Does anything work? For example, does integer format output appear to
> be correct?  Other kinds of format specifiers, like H?

Hi Bob,

Everything else appears to work as normal, except the floating point values.

I'd also like to draw your attention to a problem with TOPS-10 Cobol.

Under Cobol-74, a simple numerical variable, declared with "PIC 99", will
print out as "0J" if its value is 1, "0K" if its value is 2, and "0L" if its
value is 3.

The same program will produce "1", "2" and "3" with Cobol 68. This is also
wrong, I think, as they are supposed to produce "01", "02" and "03". Both
programs seem to have problems with the minus sign too, but I haven't worked
out exactly what it is doing wrong under various circumstances.

This is with simh 3.71 under Windows XP.

Thanks,

Daniel