[Simh] PDP7/DECsys bug

Bob Supnik bob at supnik.org
Sun Jun 3 18:23:33 EDT 2007

Does anything work? For example, does integer format output appear to
be correct?  Other kinds of format specifiers, like H?

The problem could be in the simulator, or in the transcribed copy of
the compiler or run-time library (the DECtape was nearly 40 years
old).  There might be a clue based on what works and what doesn't.  If not...

The PDP-7 simulator has a history function that can record the most
recent 65K instructions (and with a source change, even more than
that).  You can use this to trace the doings of the simulator during
the Fortran print statement.  Without source for the Fortran library,
it will be difficult to understand what's going on, though.

/Bob Supnik