[Simh] SIMH-VMS on Linux (CentOS) Host running slow at times

Michael Copini mcopini at asap.an
Mon Jul 9 08:28:11 EDT 2007

In the past (two years ago) I was able to compile and run SIMH for vax
on a CentOS 4.5 system. In fact the system has run very nicely for the
last 18 month's in believe it or not a production environment in order
to extend the live of an inventory application that used to run on a
microvax 3100.

Recently the VMS 7.3 on the SIMH 3.4 is running very slow. I have looked
at various things that might be the cause of this but can not find
anything. The only thing that I notice is that when the system is
reported as being slow, the system time is  of by sometimes several
hours. (Like yesterday the VMS time was 14:30 while the LINUX time was
17:33. By shutting down the VMS and the SIMH and restarting it the
system get's it normal speed back.  But every so often in the last two
month's it is showing this slowness.

Anybody with Idea's where to look for a solution. System has run
unchanged for over a year without any problems.

Michael Copini