[Simh] Compiling under Visual C++

Vorländer, Martin MV at PDV-SYSTEME.DE
Fri Jul 6 03:26:11 EDT 2007

Villy,

> I think that I followed the directions correctly -
> But I am getting an error (can't  find windows.h and
> winsock2.h) from the first being compiled....
>
> Can anyone throw any light on this for me ??

If you have a full blown Visual Studio installation, there's
a file VCVARS32.BAT that sets up the PATH for command-line NMAKE
(or so it was when I last used Visual Studio several years ago...)

Lately I've been using the Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 Express version
that you can download from the net; for installation I followed the
instructions given in the Perl source distribution's PERLWIN32.POD
<http://perldoc.perl.org/perlwin32.html> to set up a VC++ environment.
With that one I have successfully compiled SIMH.

HTH,
  Martin
--
   Emacs would be a great   | Martin Vorlaender  |  OpenVMS rules!
   operating system,        | work: mv at pdv-systeme.de
   if only it came with     |   http://www.pdv-systeme.de/users/martinv/
   a decent editor...       | home: martin at radiogaga.harz.de