[Simh] Excessive paging of the real machine running SIMH - VAX

Villy Madsen Villy.Madsen at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 19 14:24:07 EST 2007

Richard

What I think is happening is that windows is deciding to map the entire drive to memory - which is what is causing all of the IO, or if not that - is busying building some sort of table to quicken access to the virtual drive (file).

It never happened on my 98/se system, and I don't think that it happened prior to SP2.

I have also seen it at shutdown.

It's a real big pain on laptop with a slow drive - takes for ever to come up...

Villy