[Simh] Shutdown of Vax from Linux shutdown script

Odilon Mader lists at luminainfo.com.br
Mon Feb 5 16:36:29 EST 2007

At 16:19 05/02/07, Rick Caldwell wrote:
>Did anybody ever come up with a way to send a shutdown command to the
>Vax emulator when shutting down their Linux system?

I'd like to give my .02

It would be very useful, particularly for those non-Unix-like
systems. I think it could be done in the signal handling routine in
scp.c. The emulator could dump memory and exit upon receiving, for
example, SIGHUP. It seems to me that it would be faster and more
reliable than having the underlying OS shut down.

Odilon