[Simh] Shutdown of Vax from Linux shutdown script

Tim Pinkawa timpinkawa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 15:34:51 EST 2007

On 2/5/07, Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw at lug-owl.de> wrote:
> I have't done that, but that depends on the operating system you're
> running inside SIMH. For example, when it's running some Unix variant,
> you may have a sshd running over which you'd issue the shutdown
> command.
>
> MfG, JBG

I'm not too well versed in init scripts, but another issue would be
allowing the guest operating system enough "grace time" to shut down.
I know on Windows and probably on Linux, if a particular shutdown
"task" doesn't complete in a short period (usually only a few seconds)
the process is killed. You would need to be able to guarantee at least
30-60 seconds to allow a proper shutdown of the guest.

Tim