[Simh] TOPS-20

John Floren slawmaster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 21:40:02 EST 2007

Hi everyone

I thought I would try installing TOPS-20 on a simulator. When I found
that version 7.0 doesn't work on SIMH, I downloaded and compiled
klh10, then tried following the instructions at
http://zane.brouhaha.com/~healyzh/klh10/doc/klt20.txt, but didn't get
any farther than "devdef dsk0 rh0.0 rp type=rp06 format=dbd9". When I
entered that command, I got the following error message:
[dp_init: shmget failed - 12]
RPXX subproc init failed!
Final init of device "dsk0" failed!

I get essentially the same result for mta0 and ni0. I know it's not
technically SIMH, but I figured the people on this list might know.

John
--
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn