[Simh] SIMH 3.7: PDP-10 clock runs fast?

Kay Dekker kaydekker at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 30 15:01:53 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm having the greatest fun running TOPS-10 7.04 on a simulated KS10, but I've noticed a peculiarity with its idea of time. I set the system date and time correctly at startup over a week ago, but now DAYTIM says that the date and time are Friday 4th of May, 12:56pm - in other words, it's running more than three days fast! The system times statistic from SYSTAT is also peculiar: it claims that the system has 127% idle time. I do have idling enabled in the simulator, BTW.

I'm using my own MONGENned version of 7.04, and I answered MONGEN Question 59 "Clock ticks per second (60,50):" with "50", since I'm using 50Hz mains, if that could be making any difference at all.

Any ideas?

Kay