[Simh] Older DEC/Compaq Manuals

Phil Mendelsohn phil at rephil.org
Thu Nov 23 15:42:20 EST 2006

Zachary Kline wrote:
> Hiya,
>     While I realize that differences in products such as TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS might be slight between releases, I was wondering if anyone could point me to a source where I could find some older documentation--specifically, for version 5.1.  This isn't readily available on the HP website: the earliest they have is 5.3.
>     Again, I realize the differences are probably pretty trivial, but still I'd appreciate the security of knowing that what I'm reading corresponds exactly to what's offered.  Alternately, I'd like to know if there's a more recent version of TCP/IP available under the Hobbyist License than was included on the VAX media kit.
> Thank you much in advance, and happy Thanks Giving to those of you in the US,

Not sure where you'd find different version of the manuals -- that sort
of hunting is half the fun of playing with such stuff, eh?

You might check out MultiNet by Process Software, and/or TCPware (both
have Hobbyist licenses) -- it's a bit slicker TCP/IP stack, from what I
can tell playing with it.  (There are others available, as well -- I
think the CMU one is in VMS Freeware.)

Phil Mendelsohn

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." -- Anonymous