[Simh] Additional VMS Hobbyist Products?

Kevin Handy kth at srv.net
Wed Nov 22 20:22:02 EST 2006

Zachary Kline wrote:

> Hiya,
>     In the email from the VMS Hobbyist program, there are many license
> PAKS for which I don't have any associated product.  I've heard of the
> All-In-One office suite, for instance.  Also, I was wondering where to
> get some basic utilities, like zip, unzip, etc.
> If this is too off-topic for the SIMH list, I apologize and will
> redirect my inquiries elsewhere.  If possible, though, I'd appreciate
> a reply greatly.
> Yours,
> Zack.

Things like zip, unzip are available on the freeware CD's

    http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/freeware/

Other products require finding a CD set, which are sometimes
available on ebay. Or, if you know of someone who has a set
you can borrow. You want a full set, which should have many
CD's, not the VMS only install kits, which are only one or two
CD's.