[Simh] VAXcluster on SIMH - is it possible?

aceyem at cox.net aceyem at cox.net
Wed Nov 1 17:36:22 EST 2006

I do VMS clustering all the time with SIMH.  First I set up an LAVC
and used the ethernet interface for clustering.  It worked beautifully,
one SIMH was the main box, the others were configured as
satalites.  I even set up all the nodes on the same real Win2K box.

Next for kicks and grins I tried setting up two Simh Vaxes on one
real Win2K host and had both config files use and attach the same
virtual drives.  This worked just fine as well.  As far as I'm
concerned Simh supports VAXclustering just fine.  Btw you can
also cluster a Simh VAX with real VAXen using LAVC,  The Simh
can be either the master or a satalite.  I've used this setup to
sysgen an MV3100 I picked up real cheap.