[Simh] [Fwd: Re: Alpha emulator]

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Nov 1 12:01:57 EST 2006

At 4:22 PM +0100 11/1/06, Peter Lund wrote:
>A lot of that can be taken from Bochs or qemu (if the licenses allow it
>-- afair bochs is GPL).

How much of it can really be taken from there?  At least in the case
of VMS it is very picky about what hardware it runs on.  For example
I have two XP1000's, both have U2W-SCSI cards in them right now.  One
is DEC/Compaq branded, the other is the generic card, other than that
they're identical.  The DEC/Compaq has different firmware so I can't
use the generic card, VMS doesn't even see it.

I'm guessing the bulk, if not everything will be different from what
is found in Bochs or qemu.  At least I believe they support fairly a
fairly plain PC implementation.

			Zane