[Simh] More on VAX Emulation under Linux

Dan Foster simh at evilphb.org
Sat Jun 17 00:25:10 EDT 2006

Hot Diggety! Paul Hardy was rumored to have written:
>    I could buy Exceed (at a non-trivial price) to run on my Windows
>    laptop, but it would be even nicer if SIMH emulated one of the low-end
>    the Vaxstation graphics cards (QVSS?). There was talk a few years ago
>    of this being on the 'to do' list. Has it made any progress?

You can get a pretty decent X server for Windows -- Cygwin, and it's free.

http://www.cygwin.com

Download the installer setup.exe, run it, select the complete X distro
and any other tools you desire, select the download mirrors to use, and
you're off to the races.

As for the graphics card, that's certainly an interesting idea.

-Dan