[Simh] More on VAX Emulation under Linux

Hittner, David T. david.hittner at ngc.com
Fri Jun 16 09:19:54 EDT 2006

Can't answer your autoboot question. Look in the SIMH FAQ and see if the
answer is there. Make sure that you can write (save) the NVR file, so
that the changes can be saved for the next run. The order of the dep bdr
0 may be important - it might need to be after the NVR load and/or the
set cpu conhalt.

Running X on the system... you can start X (@DECW$STARTUP) on a MicroVAX
3900 if you have the proper PAKs and software loaded, so that you can
connect to VMS via X using an external XServer, but since the MicroVAX
3900 does not have the VAXStation 3900's QDSS graphics console hardware,
you cannot have a local X graphics console monitor on the system.

I connect my Hummingbird X Server (on Windows XP) to my SIMH VAX running
DECwindows to give me the nice DECterm all the time. Much better than a
standard VT220 emulation.

Dave