[Simh] simh360 vs osx

Jason Stevens jsteve at vaxenrule.com
Sun Jun 4 13:32:04 EDT 2006

Well I found the new version and tried to build it on 10.4.6 with a custom
pcap update to 0.9.4-1 .  Anyways the first think I found is that I had to
add -lSystemStubs right after the -lm since it was failing to  compile due
to missing printf/fprintf (not sure what this is all about).  The next thing
is the ethernet support.  It seems to have picked up all kinds of 'guess the
network card' functionality, that breaks under osx.  I had to comment out
the block starting on line 718 of sim_ether.c .

Sadly I don't have an OS offhand with ethernet, so I know it 'opens' the nic
but I'm unsure if it actually works at the moment.  I can post back more
details if anyone is interested.