[Simh] Pre-built Windows SIMH Vax and memory limitation

Dr Robert Young rcyoung at aliconsultants.com
Tue Jan 10 22:27:47 EST 2006

I pulled down the ethernet supported Vax version of the Windows
executables for SIMH from http://simh.trailing-edge.com ( the pre-
built ones) . However, I can not go above 128Mb memory without
getting an error. I have built SIMH "from scratch"  on Mac OS/X from
the sources,  and can set the memory up to 512M.

Are the prebuilt Windows (I am running XP) versions memory limited? I
am using the ka665x.bin file. I don't have a Windows compiler
installed at present (although I could install an older Borland if
necessary, but I would prefer not to).

Does anyone have a Windows SIMH executable for Vax built with
ethernet (I have WinpCap 3.0 installed) and extended memory I could
try out??

Mac OS/X has a limit at present on the size of the disk image files.
I am trying to see if the Windows Vax SIMH simulator will let me
define a "larger" disk.