[Simh] Interdata Emulation

J. David Bryan jdbryan at acm.org
Tue Feb 14 14:14:21 EST 2006

On 12 Feb 2006 at 22:15, Davis Johnson wrote:

> Single stepping the OS driver I discover that basicly what is
> happening is that the driver does a "Sense Status" instruction to the
> device and gets back a "Device Not Ready" status and gives up.

Hmmm...if I read it right, the code gives "not ready" and "offline"
together if the disk image file is not attached, and "not ready" without
"offline" if the drive is still servicing a previous request.  Those seem
to be the only two conditions that would result in "not ready" status.

Can you determine if "offline" is present or absent when the problem
occurs?

                                      -- Dave