[Simh] Interdata Emulation

J. David Bryan jdbryan at acm.org
Tue Feb 14 13:54:01 EST 2006

On 12 Feb 2006 at 22:15, Davis Johnson wrote:

> J. David Bryan wrote:
>
> >For some reason, delivery of your message was delayed until the 10th.
> >Are you still having trouble?
>
> Probably somthing to do with a new list member making a first
> submission.

My apologies for being unclear.  I meant, "Are you still having problems
with the Interdata simulation?"  But I see from your later comments that
you are.

> The Interdata SIMH documentation says that "Device Not Ready" is
> returned if a file is not attached. Stepping through the SIMH code that
> implements the SS instruction looks like that is indeed what is
> happening - the SS instruction thinks there is no device attached.

After your "att -e dm0 dm0.dsk", do a "show dm0".  Does it report "not
attached", or does it report "attached to dm0.dsk"?

Do the same just before your "boot mt0" command and again when the "not
ready" indication occurs after booting.  That would indicate whether
something is surreptitiously detaching your file, or whether the not ready
indication is being triggered by something else.

                                      -- Dave