[Simh] booting vanilla v6 unix

Phil Mendelsohn phil at rephil.org
Mon Dec 4 12:46:01 EST 2006

Andreas Davour wrote:

> It has been quite a lot of messages about VMS lately, yes. It wouldn't
> hurt if folk posted to com.os.vms instead, no.

Not unless the post is about solely a VMS issue, rather than a SIMH/VMS
issue -- like I/O, number of processes, performance, etc., which may be
simulator related.  I would say "additionally," rather than "instead,"
for many of the posts we've seen.

You'll never get rid of VMS posts, since the VAX was designed as the
hardware component of VAX/VMS.  I'm not that much of a purist, but for
many DEC VAX bigots, UNIX is a four-letter word! ;)  (That said, SIMH
VAX is a great help in working on linux-vax.)

Phil M

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." -- Anonymous