[Simh] The Throttle

Villy Madsen Villy.Madsen at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 26 22:17:11 EDT 2006

Another status report and a request....

Status

Finally got a chance to test it out on an XP2 machine (3 ghz with hyper
turned off).
Turns in 10 to 13 VUPs.

Tweeked the throttling some more, and built in a self learning capability.
 On startup the performance monitor running on the vax will search for the
.5 VUP point and never go below that point.  On the 3g XP box, that point
doesn't even show any cpu utilization.  Unfortunately that isn't linear
<G>.

It seems nice and responsive, ramping up quickly and ramping down almost as
fast....

I'm going to clean up the code and hopefully post it this week for download
on my VAX web site <G>.

Now the assist.  What program can I use to compare my mangled sources
against the original and identify the changes...

Something easy please - I'm still stuck in the Fortran 77 days....

Thanks!!

Villy Madsen
www.members.shaw.ca/villy.madsen