[Simh] Throttling the vax

Hittner, David T. david.hittner at ngc.com
Mon Apr 24 09:57:20 EDT 2006

I suspect most people who run a SIMH VAX will be interested in the code.
I know I would be happy to stop my laptop from howling when the VAX
starts up and the laptop kicks up the fan.

Please check the big/little-ended-ness of your code if you'd like to see
it get back into the codebase.

You might look at redoing the VAX code side in C instead of in FORTRAN.
Since you admit that the code may not be the most robust, it would
facilitate later programmers to be able to work with C, which they are
already mostly familiar with if they do any work with SIMH, C++, or
Java. UnFORTunately, FORTRAN is a dying art. ;-)

Dave