[Simh] Throttling the vax

Villy Madsen Villy.Madsen at shaw.ca
Sun Apr 23 12:54:55 EDT 2006

Greetings All

well I have some code that does the job.

I am not guaranteeing that it looks nice - but it does work..

It'll throttle up within a second or two of the load coming on, and then
gradually throttle down over the next 10 to 15 seconds.

It uses a DN device driver to control a routine in VAX_CPU, a Sleep routine
in SCP.C (because I kept getting an error when I tried to include window.h
in VAX_CPU, and a fortran routine that runs as a batch job on the vax -
talking to the DN CSR to pass info to the simulator.

The batch routine wakes up once a second to check the CPU itilization..

I don't know how low this thing goes - because I don't trust the meter on
my W/98 box..

Villy

Any one interested.

Villy Madsen