[Simh] Problem in eth_host_devices() ?

gltackett at adelphia.net gltackett at adelphia.net
Wed Jun 8 11:29:37 EDT 2005

---- Mark Pizzolato wrote:
>Bingo! Good job Galen tracking this down in the code I wrote.

This actually proved a bit of a challenge as I'm unfamiliar with whatever debugging tools OS X offers. (I know it has gdb but I don't know that.) So I used the good old-fashioned brute force technique of inserting a print statement everywhere I could think of, through the code path involved.
By the way it had crossed my mind while browsing the code that it might be nice if simh could use autoconf, but I don't really know how that works either. :-( If I somehow got educated :-) , do you have any ideas about how useful or difficult this might prove to be?
Next I have to figure out why, now that en1 is showing up in the list of devices, I still can't use it. I have to rebuild pcap first, though, as I've munged it up a bit along the way.

Thanks,
Galen