[Simh] VAX RTC implemented ?

A.Bucher at alcatel.de A.Bucher at alcatel.de
Mon Jan 17 05:29:03 EST 2005

Hi,

as far as I know, there is a battery buffered RTC in the VAXes, which keeps
running even if the VAX is powered off.

Is this RTC somehow implemented in SIMH ?

Why I ask:
Using SIMH on a Laptop, I tried to hibernate it - works without problems
(ok, except for telnet connections and some network related things) - but:
the time within the emulator stays as it was before the laptop was sent to
sleep.  Besides, very convenient to have a "VAX to go" in the pocket :-)

Okay, you may say that there may be some NTP or similar client for VMS, but
what's for older or non-networked OSes ?

Therefore, is it possible to have the simulated RTC updated from the hosts
clock ?! Or did I just miss something ?

Thanks you for the assistance !

Andreas