[Simh] Other simulations

Tim Sneddon tsneddon at bsd.infomedia.com.au
Thu Feb 10 18:57:06 EST 2005

Carey Tyler Schug wrote:
> Has anybody ever considered trying to simulate things that are not
> central processing units?
>
> I'm thinking of things like Cisco routers.  That would be a little off
> the original purpose of SIMH.  Yes, a Cisco 2500  series router is a
> "historically significant computing device", but the impetuous for it
> would be all of us trying to learn Cisco routing to get certified.  I
> think the 2500 uses a 68000 cpu chip.  I suspect the interfaces are not
> published, so that might make it impossible, but I don't know.

Is this the first Cisco CPU? If so I believe it is only a modified
Sun 1. See:

    http://www.sunhelp.org/faq/sunref1.html

Search for "[The Sun-1]".

Regards, Tim.

--
Tim Sneddon                                tsneddon[at]infomedia.com.au
Systems Programmer                  Infomedia Business Systems Division