[Simh] Building the current version of SIMH using Cygwin rather then MinGW

Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
Tue Dec 20 18:10:46 EST 2005

Hello from Gregg C Levine
It didn't.
I mean the make file did want to create the usual files however it
decided to break at an odd point. Also what did you want me to do with
the second file? I should also add that the normal file originally
created for the minimalist release and nominally Linux did work on
this machine.

I unzipped the developers package for the WinPcap arrangement directly
in the source directory. Should I have copied the include files to the
include directory?

Anyway that text file contains the majority of what happened,
including a few attempts and the directory layout.
----
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
---
"Remember the Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

usingCygwinrather then
> MinGW
>
> Here you go.
>
> This GNUmakefile has been tested with CYGWIN under Windows XP.
>
> Let me know how it works for you. If it's good I'll try to to get it
in
> the next distribution.
>
> Dave

Cygwin
> is running Windows XP at the moment.
>
> My next step will be linking in the Windows Pcap libraries for
Ethernet