[Simh] Re: Simh Digest, Vol 17, Issue 5

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Wed Apr 20 15:46:05 EDT 2005

> As far as I know the sources are there.  You have to mount all four disk
> packs on drives 0..3.  Then look under usr/source.

The disks are mounted automatically:

   # cat /etc/rc
   rm -f /etc/mtab
   /etc/update
   /etc/mount /dev/rk1 /usr
   /etc/mount /dev/rk2 /usr/source
   /etc/mount /dev/rk3 /mnt

The /usr/source directory exists but does not have the system
sources:

   # chdir /usr/source
   # ls
   as
   cref
   fort
   iolib
   m6
   mdec
   rat
   run
   s1
   s2
   s3
   s4
   s5
   s7
   salloc
   sno
   tmg
   yacc

The sources don't appear to be found anywhere:

   # find / -print |grep sys1.c
   #

Additionally the man pages are found in /mnt but there doesn't
appear to be a "man" command anywhere:

   # find / -print |grep '/man$'
   /mnt/man

Is this supposed to come with the system or does one usually
build it from sources?  I assume its supposed to come with
the system since it is documented in the man pages:

http://www.ba-stuttgart.de/~helbig/os/v6/doc/I/man.html

> /Bob Supnik

Tim Newsham
http://www.lava.net/~newsham/