[Simh] Hello and A Couple of Newbie Questions

Zachary Z_kline at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 5 16:16:05 EST 2004

Hi,
I'll be the first to tell you that I was not around when most of these
computer systems were in use in the flesh, as it were.  I'm one of the
people who's first introduction to computers was MS Windows.
I've recently become something of a computer enthusiast, and have taken to
doing things like trying out UNIX and LINUX systems just for the sheer fun
of it.
I recently stumbled on SIMH, and have downloaded several software kits as
well as the miscellaneous software, such as WINPCAP, etc.
I'm wondering what sort of "Getting Started" guides might be available for
legacy systems like RT-11, OS8, RSTS, etc.  I just picked software at
random, as I have no knowledge whatsoever about these systems.  I boot them
up, and realize that they are not the most friendly beasts in the world.
What do I need to know to look around and get familiar with them?
On an unrelated issue: Is it possible to use Ethernet support with a Belkin
Wireless adaptor and D-Link Wireless router?  This is all I have available,
and they are both USB devices.
Thanks for any help,
Zachary Kline