[Simh] a few OpenVMS questions

Markus Weber simh at nather.com
Tue Mar 9 16:47:56 EST 2004

> I run OpenVMS7.2 on a simh/VAX with 64Mb and I have never seen that
> behaviour!
>
> Which versions of VMS and simh are you using?

7.3-1 on the Vax, 7.2 on the Alpha.

OpenVMS on the Alpha doesn't seem to care, but it matters on the Vax. A
reliable way to reproduce it is to install a vanilla version of OpenVMS,
followed by C and the other compilers on the hobbyist CD.

Since this system doesn't run anything but a toy load, I'm not overly
concerned about learning how to properly tune it...

I forgot to ask my second question. Do the hobbyist licenses allow for
clustering two emulated Vaxen, or SIMH and a real Alpha?
---