[Simh] OpenBSD 3.4 disk image and NetBSD

Mark Pizzolato mark at infocomm.com
Mon Mar 1 11:55:54 EST 2004

--- Markus Weber <simh at nather.com> wrote:
> Has anybody managed to install NetBSD 1.6.0 or later? My
> recollection is
> that 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 utterly failed to boot; 1.6.2 boots off the
> installation cdrom, but hangs right after mounting the root
> filesystem. I'll
> try a manual update from 1.5.2 next...

Hmmm...  I was able to do a simple cold installation of 1.6.1
containing the vaxcd.iso locally and picking up the various package
pieces via ftp.

This process takes "considerable" time, but the end result is a
bootable disk image which seems to behave just like other NetBSD
1.6.1 systems.

- Mark Pizzolato