[Simh] How to Get image backup to Simh

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Tue Aug 24 15:43:13 EDT 2004

> Out of curiosity does anyone have a tool to go the other way?
> Convert a TAP image to TPC?  I know of a couple ways to do this, but
> am wondering if anyone has ever written a tool to do it.

I'm not certain exactly what formats you're referencing (I'm not
very familiar with VMS).  I do have a conversion utility I wrote
for moving data into and out of simh tape format files:

    http://lava.net/~newsham/x/conv2.c

It lets you put multiple files onto a single "tape" using
different block sizes, or extract the various files from
the "tape".  I've used it to a bunch of times to copy files
back and forth from my host system and old unix systems
in simh using tar.

The code is in the public domain.

> | Zane H. Healy                    | UNIX Systems Administrator |
> | healyzh at aracnet.com (primary)    | OpenVMS Enthusiast         |

Tim N.