[Simh] Unix V7; AOS; VMS SOB

Bob Supnik bob at supnik.org
Sat Aug 14 16:35:12 EDT 2004

1. UNIX V7 multiple terminals

The DH11 and DHQ11 have nothing in common except four characters in their
names.  The DHQ11 is from a later generation of terminal mux's that
includes the DHU11 and DHV11.

A DH11 should be straightforward enough, given the available examples.

2. AOS

AOS (16b) will run on the Eclipse simulator; but as Bruce indicated, the
licensing issues appear intractible.  The RDOS license was obtained through
the good offices of the late Don Lewine.

I don't have documentation for the 32b Eclipse series, so I don't know how
complex an MV8000 would be to do.

3. VMS Standalone Backup

One possibility is that SOB is expecting the second controller to have its
units numbered from 0-3 rather than 4-7.  I've received a patch that will
allow the VAX secondary controllers to be DUB0-3, DUC0-3, and DUD0-3,
rather than 4-7, 8-11, and 12-15 respectively (a PDP-11 restriction that is
unnecessarily carried over to the VAX).

/Bob Supnik