[Simh] OpenVMS 7.3 Standalone Backup from Installation CD

[GNC] Andreas Cejna andreas.cejna at gnc.at
Thu Aug 12 05:58:07 EDT 2004

Hi,
I noticed a quite strange behaviour in VMS Standalone Backup. When I
configure the CDROM drive to be located on the 2nd RQDX Controller (i.e.
DUB4), I can boot from the CD Image, Standalone Backup starts and
configures all devices, but refuses to go to the $ prompt after the last
question from configuring devices.

If I attach the same image on i.e. DUA3 everything works fine.

Any ideas why the second rqdx does not work during installation? Is this a
VMS problem or a SIMH problem?

Regards
Andreas