[Simh] Lost PDP-11 OSes?

John Forecast john at forecast.name
Thu May 21 16:41:40 EDT 2020

> On May 21, 2020, at 2:53 PM, Paul Koning <paulkoning at comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> On May 20, 2020, at 11:38 PM, Ray Jewhurst <raywjewhurst at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to collect all the OSes that I can for the PDP-11 on Simh and I have noticed that there are a few missing.
>
> Along those lines: is there MUMPS-11 anywhere?  That's nicely obscure.  Another obscure one is CAPS-11, though that's probably far less interesting.
>
> MUMPS was a database system, apparently a very good one.  It was used as the core for ASSIST-11, a telephone directory assistance database.  In other words, the database that 411 operators would consult to answer your request for a phone number in a second or two.  Database lookup in a million-record or so database, in around a second, on a PDP-11 in 1978.  Nice.
>
> 	paul

I have a distribution tape image of Mumps-11 v3.3 and a pre-built RL02 image which I got from the Computer Conservation  Society in the UK. The images are no longer available on their website. I have no place to make them available but if someone wants to host them I can make them available (total is ~8MB).

   John.