[Simh] vax780 bare metal - rq addresses --> rq registers

Mike Stramba mikestramba at gmail.com
Wed May 13 21:40:49 EDT 2020

On 5/13/20, Mark Pizzolato <Mark at infocomm.com> wrote:
> And there is:
>
>          sim> SHOW UBA IO
> or
>          sim> SHOW -o UBA IO

What are those showing ?

It seems to be the last address in the range shown by SH <dev> ?

> Maybe you can explain more about where you going with this...

I'd like to understand how the vax device drivers and system internals
operate at the
most basic "primitive level" .....   just for fun ;)

And how the simh commands relate, so that I can debug my low-level experiments.

E.g. what I need to Deposit  where  to do I/O with the various devices.

I.e. how it compares to IBM 370 /390  (io / channels SVC  interrupts  etc)

I have the BSD  ver 7 source, with the sys directory looking like the
most interesting.

Mike