[Simh] More issues with RSX11M

Phil J FIsher phil.fisher at peejayeff.co.uk
Tue May 12 10:33:49 EDT 2020

Following a recent post (where people were good enough to point me at the
"missing links" so to write) I have SYSGENd a RSX11M system on a PDP11/70
SimH setup.

However, in following the V3.2 RSX11M System Generation guide, chapter 10
indicates there should be a command file (SAM.CMD) available in UIC [2,300]
to verify the generated and running system.  Unfortunately, my set of RL01
distribution media for V3.2 does not seem to have this file or any other
files in that UIC.  Searching via Mr. Goggle has not brought up anything
useful for this (but some old correspondence from Johnny Bilquist on
someone's real 11/73 RSX was interesting a few years back ...).

My question is to whether anyone knows how to obtain this file (and any
necessary additional files implied) and if so, where I can download from?  I
have checked the media I have and it does not seem to exist on any of the
four disk images I have for V3.2.
It is clearly possible, since I am no longer as good with stuff as I used to
be, that it is there somewhere but extensive checking of file listings has
failed to find it.

My thanks to all who replied to my post about the missing links.

Regards
Phil

Phil J Fisher         phil.fisher at peejayeff.co.uk
Mobile:   +44 7984 781 929 (please leave message if busy or N/A)
Director, PeeJayEff Services Ltd
IT Consultancy and Technical Training in UNIXes/Linux
http://www.peejayeff.co.uk/

Email and any attachments sent are scanned by McAfee
Anti-Virus but integrity cannot be guaranteed.