[Simh] OpenVMS time conversion routines

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Thu May 7 04:52:48 EDT 2020

On Thu, 2020-05-07 05:28:24 +0000, Baker, Lawrence M <baker at usgs.gov> wrote:
> Does anyone know of any portable OpenVMS 64-bit time conversion
> routines written in C?  I.e., that do not depend on 64-bit data
> types so they run on 32-bit machines?  Maybe in the SIMH GitHub?
> Out there in the Interland?

So is it just some arithmetics on a 64bit counter being done in 32bit?
What's your problem using ie. a uint64_t and let the compiler do the
work? Other than that, I guess you're working on the 100ns-counter
based on Nov 17, 1858, 00:00 o'clock? So what exact prototype should
this function have? Shouldn't be hard to do either way.

MfG, JBG