[Simh] Is it possible to simulate the first Vaxen I ever used?

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 18:48:29 EDT 2020

Hello!
I agree with you Tim, that's an excellent book on the subject.
The AM2901 was used in some DEC designs that I know of. In fact in the
databook I have here, AMD mentions that some part numbers were
themselves designed for those DEC designs. And that some LSI-11
designs found themselves fully built using the AM2901. The sequencing
parts that the company made were in all probability not used inside
them. But were used elsewhere.

Oh and some of the DEC designs did also use the Series 74 ALU ,the
SN74181 one. I remember that from some reading about the entire design
process. In fact that TI ALU is itself a complex part, perhaps almost
as complex as the 74S481 that Mentec would attempt to use many years
later.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com