[Simh] VAX 750 and 730 (was Is it possible to simulate the first Vaxen I ever used?)

Bob Supnik bob at supnik.org
Mon Mar 23 15:16:17 EDT 2020

One of the problems with simulating the non-VLSI VAXen, other than the
780, is that the microcode is not available. Back at DEC, I had the 730
microcode in a huge notebook (it was 16KW), but I discarded it when I
moved out of Hudson and downsized my document collection. We really need
the microcode for the 750, 730, 8600/8650, 8200 (V11), and 8800.

The various microcodes may be available in the DEC fiche collection at
CHM, but I haven't been able to get out there to do the research, and
travel is out of the question right now.

/Bob