[Simh] VAX PSI

John Welsh johnwelsh at optusnet.com.au
Thu Mar 19 19:48:42 EDT 2020

Hi Dave,
I have been involved in a project using VAX-2780-3780PE and have been able to connect two VAX’s together using a Black Box Synchronous Modem Eliminator ( SME ).
Product code: ME204A-F.
No VAX PSI involved.
Needed Decnet Plus and Wan drivers.

Was able to test using a utility that comes with the Protocol Emulator - XJTEST which can use either VAX as a loopback.
In my case it was a DSV11 to a DSW42 using the SME and the V.24 cables that come with the adapters.
There is also another utility called REMOTE that can transfer simple files from VAX to VAX.
I don’t think there is a driver for SIMH that can emulate a sync device. ( yet ).

Regards,
John Welsh.

Sent from my  iPhone