[Simh] PAK for VAX P.S.I.

Peter Allan petermallan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 11:45:59 EDT 2020

Hi Mark,

At first we just used PSI that talked to a DUP-11 in a VAX-11/780 and later
a 750. The DUP-11 then talked to a modem, and thence to the JANET academic
network in the UK.

Later we used PSI-Access which talks directly to Ethernet. At least that is
how it appeared to me.

Your point about being able to build a cluster and communicating to the
outside world using UCX or Multinet is perfectly correct. I have done it.

HOWEVER, that does not let me use the (admittedly ancient) network software
that sat on top of PSI/PSI-Access, and that is what I am hoping to achieve.

My reason for wanting to do this is simply to recreate past glories. I
admit it is not that useful, but this is a hobby, right?

Cheers

Peter