[Simh] EXT : Message order

John H. Reinhardt johnhreinhardt at thereinhardts.org
Thu Mar 12 10:33:20 EDT 2020

On 3/12/2020 8:48 AM, Hittner, David T [US] (MS) wrote:
> I occasionally get the replies before I get the original emails. Sometimes I don’t get all of the emails in a fairly obvious chain.
>
> But you never know if it’s an outbound list server problem, a forwarder problem, or your own inbound mail server’s problem.
>
> Email is not guaranteed delivery – that’s why some people try to include a delivery receipt or read receipt to see if an email made it to the destination.
>
> David

I was curious because it doesn't seem to happen on any of my other lists (Yahoo groups, IO Groups, Google Groups and more) but it seemed to start here when I switched email provider from Yahoo To Fastmail so I was curious if it was FastMail or if something had changed in the SimH list when I re-subscribed.  As I recall, I wasn't able to just change my email address, I had to quit and re-sign up.

--
John H. Reinhardt