[Simh] HPE has started emailing the final hobbyist licenses

Tony Nicholson tony.nicholson at computer.org
Wed Mar 11 21:07:56 EDT 2020

On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 at 09:49, Dan Gahlinger <dgahling at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to know if the License authorization code is the same for
> everyone,
> or if they actually bothered to send everyone their own, for tracing
> purposes.
>
> mine ends in 301.

Hari from the HPE OpenVMS customer lab is the administrator of the hobbyist
program.  He once told me that he maintains the program only out-of-hours
and in his own time.  Without his efforts the programme may have ended
sooner.

Be sure to thank him when you renew.

The email you receive with the PAKs should have your Hobbyist ID on it.
These are tracked.  The final PAKs look like the authorization code is a
date to me (pakgened on  March 1st).

Tony

--
Tony Nicholson <tony.nicholson at computer.org>