[Simh] OpenVMS Hobbyist Program

Michael Kerpan mjkerpan at kerpan.com
Sat Mar 7 20:39:54 EST 2020

If running without a valid license is considered an option, then there are
ways to keep running VMS 7.3. Both a PAK generator and a set of
pre-generated perpetual PAKs are floating around in dark corners of the
internet. For strictly private use, odds are that HPE and VSI will pay just
about as much attention to people running pirate VMS on an emulated VAX as
Microsoft pays to people running pirate Windows 3.1 in a PC emulator: none
at all.

That said, it's sad that those of us who are both interested in computer
history and not made of money are yet again being told "either give up your
hobby or become a pirate."

Mike