[Simh] macro11

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Mar 7 12:18:32 EST 2020

On 2020-03-07 17:19, Rhialto wrote:
> On Sat 07 Mar 2020 at 15:55:25 +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>> A few examples:
>
> I'll be using this as part of a new text case, if that's ok with you.

Of course. I just threw together a couple of cases I thought were
interesting. It's properly documented in the MACRO-11 reference manual,
which explains all about what type of expression you get. Section 3.9,
page 3-14 and forward.

There are four types:
. Relocatable
. Absolute
. External
. Complex relocatable

>> .MAIN.  MACRO V05.05  Saturday 7-MAR-20 15:42  Page 1
>>

>>        1 000000                                  .PSECT  FOO,I,RW
>>        2
>>        3 000000  000042                          .WORD   42
>>        4 000002  000000                  Y:      .WORD   0
>>        5
>>        6 000004  005067  177772                  CLR     Y
>
> The effect of .ENABL AMA on this is kind of funny since it makes MACRO11
> generate a relocation record where it otherwise would not:

No, that is correct. The reason is that it don't know the absolute
address of Y. Y is in the psect, and the psect will only be assigned an
address at link time.

> The changes I proposed upthread match all of your test cases.

Great.

> You can see the branch on github at
> https://github.com/Rhialto/macro11/compare/master...fix-unneeded-relocation

When I have a little time... ;-)