[Simh] macro11

Kevin Handy khandy21yo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 16:40:51 EST 2020

There are a lot of missing features in this macro11 already that are
handled as no-ops, mostly regarding the listing. To do this properly would
require implementing much of the missing listing functionality like paging,
page titles, etc.

I think the first step is to make it not fail on existing code, then worry
about the listing after that.

The parser knows most of the directive names, but is not designed to do
anything about them. For example, it parses the ".page" command, but then
doesn't handle doing anything with it, which is what causes the error
mentioned above. Telling it that it is a no-op for now allows programs to
be compiled, but since there isn't any paging being done in the listing,
there is nothing for it to do right now.

The '.rept 0' thing is obviously a difference in how things are done
differently in the real macro11 and this re-implementation that should be
addressed. I don't know how the code for that works right now, so I don't
know how hard it would be to fix it.

I started playing with this to get example code to run on bare hardware,
since macro11 exists under the actual OS's, so sample code that runs on the
bare hardware would be useful to this, and also to the PiDP11 folks as well
as those with real PDP11's. Is there a repository of such code already?