[Simh] macro11

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Fri Mar 6 11:18:07 EST 2020

  I’ve been reading this conversation about macro11 and decided to try running a few old source files thru it.  One problem I’ve noticed right away is that “.REPT 0” doesn’t seem to work as it did it the official DEC assemblers.  A lot of code will do something like

               .REPT     0

THIS IS A BIG BLOCK OF COMMENTS

WE DON’T EXPECT THAT IT WILL EVER BE ASSEMBLED

MORE STUFF TO SAY HERE

               .ENDR

  macro11 will assemble this once (or try to, without much success) anyway, despite the “0”.  Is there a reason for this, or is this just a bug?

Thanks,

Bob Armstrong