[Simh] macro11

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 21:45:13 EST 2020

Hi, Kevin, Rhialto,

This thread gave me a good reason to check out cross-compiling some
macro-11 code and I threw the first thing in my PDP-11 projects
directory at it, and got this...

$ macro11  DQ614P.MAC
DQ614P.MAC:53: ***ERROR Unimplemented directive .PAGE
DQ614P.MAC:133: ***ERROR Unimplemented directive .PAGE
DQ614P.MAC:403: ***ERROR Unimplemented directive .PAGE

I know this has nothing to do with the rt11/rsx11 changes but I
thought I'd bring this up since, as they say, the hood is open.

I was kind of surprised this would be an issue - back when we
typically printed listings out on greenbar paper, we used .PAGE
directives for a fresh page.  I guess it matters less when we just
look at the output on gargantuan bitmapped displays.

-ethan