[Simh] Bridge, tap and VDE on Bionic Beaver (Slightly OT)

Ray Jewhurst raywjewhurst at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 15:51:22 EST 2020

Greetings all.  I am trying to get VDE to work on Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic
Beaver and am running into nothing but problems. First, I have to admit I
am somewhat of a networking novice. I edited the /etc/network/interfaces
and when I did a ip -a show after a reboot, nothing changed! Also, I have
seen references to a .yaml file but there are no references to creating the
tap. Lastly, I having only given VDE a cursory glance but what don't know
is once everything is all hooked up how do you know what the ip addresses
are for the individual virtual nodes? I know this kind of OT but any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ray